Techint Engineering and Construction has been present in Argentina for over 60 years as one of the main construction companies in the country, contributing to the development of the national industry and strengthening the communities where it works.
The company has participated in some of the most complex, technological projects in Argentina, covering every market segment. After many positive experiences, it is now firmly established as one of the most important pipeline construction companies in the world, as well as one of the main refinery and petrochemical plant contractors. In Argentina, Techint Engineering and Construction is recognised in particular for its capability to develop complex infrastructure projects in extreme geographical areas, such as the installation of 18 trans-Andean pipelines and other projects located in remote places.
Today, Techint E&C has one of the most important engineering centers on the continent, located in Argentina. This center has the capacity to develop basic and detail engineering icluding 3D modelling for oil, conventional gas and non conventional gas processing plants, pipelines and compressor stations, refineries, electric, hydroelectric and mining plants.
Techint E&C has established a long tradition in the Argentinian industrial culture and is strongly committed to the patronage of technical education and professional excellence. For over 50 years the company has provided scholarships through the Hermanos Agustín y Enrique Rocca Foundation to top students committed to their education process and personal and professional development. In addition, with the Roberto Rocca Education programme, graduate and postgraduate scholarships are awarded to talented engineering and applied sciences students.
Human resources, which can promote technology and industry, are essential for the economic success of a country. Following this conviction, Techint E&C encourages internal growth of its collaborators through the Young Professionals programme, which the company has been running for almost 30 years, investing in the professional development of human capital in order to train experts with solid industrial knowledge and the potential to become future leaders.
With 6,700 direct employees in the country and having completed more than 900 projects, the company follows a tradition of high quality standards, always taking care of the environment along with the health and safety of its collaborators.
Main projects by decade
- Pascua Lama
- Punta Negra Hydroelectric Project
- Expansion of the H line of Subways in Buenos Aires.
- Profertil fertilizer plant
- Veladero gold mine
- Los Caracoles hydroelectric dam
- Remodeling of Siderar's Blast Furnace 2
- Enlargement of Aluar aluminum plant.
- Norandino Gas Pipeline, 1,171 km long
- Tourist transportation tunnel up to Cristo Redentor (Christ Redeemer Statue).
- Güemes (Salta) and Luján de Cuyo (Mendoza) thermoelectric power stations and Salto Grande Hydroelectric Power Station (Argentina-Uruguay).
- 1,380 km Loma de la Lata Gas Pipeline
- YPF Refinery in La Plata
- Petrochemical Complex in Bahía Blanca
- Zárate-Brazo Largo railway complex
- Challacó-Puerto Rosales oil pipeline, 627 km in length
- Dalmine Siderca Plant, Campana, electric melt shop and thermoelectric power station
- Propulsora Steel Company industrial complex
- Ceramic products factory, Losa Olavarría S.A.
- SOMISA Blast Furnace 1
- Campu Durán-Pichinal and Pichinal-Tucumán oil pipelines, 152 and 430 km in length, respectively
- Seamless tube mill, Tianjin, China
- Automatization of a cathodic tube plant, China
- Steel mill Sidor, 1.2 million tons, Venezuela
- 93 km Bowral-Sydney gas pipeline, Australia