Techint entered Ecuador in the 1970s, undertaking civil infrastructure projects. The first project carried out was the set of San Juan–San Roque–San Diego road tunnels. During the same decade, the company’s challenges would diversify into maritime terminals, docks, pipelines and plants, among others.
It was in the 1990s that Techint adopted an orientation that placed greater emphasis on the construction of natural gas and water pipelines– without setting aside other types of undertakings. With the arrival of the new millennium, a new challenge in the power generation sector also arrived: the drinking water project for the La Mica hydroelectric powerplant.
The company’s most emblematic project in Ecuador would arrive a few months later: the Heavy Crudes Oil Pipeline – OCP, in its Spanish acronym. This giant of the Oil & Gas industry consisted, among other items, of 503 km of pipelines, four pumping stations, two reduction stations, five crude storage tanks and an offshore maritime terminal.
Techint Engineering and Construction has been supporting since 2013 Shushufindi Consortium, at the oilfields of the same name, by executing EPC activities for upstream oil facilities such as access roads, drilling pads, pipelines and flowlines, water treatment plants, among others.
The exponential growth of the services has led the number of collaborators to surpass 1,000 people.
In addition to the services for Shushufindi Field, Techint has been asked to extend in 2015 the same type of services to the Kamana Field.
Nevertheless, Techint continues to explore new opportunities in order to undertake new challenges in the oil, mining and power industry in Ecuador.
MAIN PROJECTS BY DECADES
- Shushufindi project
- Heavy Crudes Oil Pipeline – OCP
- Salve Faccha dam
- Eden Yuturi oil pipeline
- La Mica drinking water project
- New Guayaquil drinking water supply system
- Central Production Facility – CPF
- Esmeraldas-Santo Domingo polyduct
- Shushufindi-Limoncocha oil pipeline
- Coastal polyducts systems
- Natural gas high and low pressure lines at Campo Libertador
- Lining for the Papallacta aqueduct
- Lago Agrio crude storage tanks
- Bermejo oil pipeline
- Cuyabeno-Sucumbios-Lago Agrio oil pipeline
- Cement plant electromechanical assembly
- Quito land terminal
- Chimborazo cement plant
- Esmeraldas commercial port (stage II)
- Esmeraldas artisan and fishing port (stage I)
- Set of San Juan-San Roque-San Diego road tunnels
- Libertad (Guayaquil) polyduct
- Esmeraldas offshore maritime terminal:
- 10 de Agosto and Eloy Alfaro road interchange