Techint S.A. de C.V.
Edificio Plaza del Parque
Guillermo González Camarena 1200, Piso 7
Colonia Centro de Ciudad Santa Fe, Delegación Álvaro Obregón, México D.F.
Techint Engineering and Construction started its activities in Mexico in 1954 with the development of the Tamsa steel plant, in Veracruz. The company has extended its activities into other sectors, such as construction of transmission lines, petrochemical and chemical plants, oil and gas pipelines, power plants and civil works.
Techint's history in Mexico shows a long-term vision, sustainable commitment to local development and passion for quality, technology, respect for the environment and employee's safety. This is born out by a LTIFR value of 0.60 for an average of 12,000,000 man-hours per year, 90% better than the USA construction industry average.
Currently the Mexico headquarters have 3,800 employees. The office has been responsible for over 80 projects in Mexico, Canada and the United States along the last 60 years, with special focus on the execution of Power and Oil & Gas projects.
Main projects by decade
- Ternium Industrial Center in Pesquería
- Pesquería combined cycle power plant
- Los Ramones II Norte
- Petacalco Coal Handling Terminal
- BayCity seamless pipe mill, USA
- Ethane pipeline
- Naranjos facility
- Tamazunchale facilities
- 3T continuous hot rolling mill for TenarisTamsa
- Costa Azul LNG regasification terminal
- Nitrogen Removal Plant (NRU) for Pemex.
- Manuel Moreno Torres transmission line (2nd phase)
- San Fernando Gas Pipeline
- North II Combined Cycle Power Plant
- Clipper Pipeline, 346 km long, Canada.
- Lázaro Cárdenas-Donato Guerra-San Bernabé transmission line
- Aguamilpa Thermoelectrical Power Plant
- Petalco Charcoal Receipt and Handling Terminal
- Melting and casting mill, USA
- Continuous rolling mill for seamless steel tubes in Tubos de Acero de México Rolling Mill Complex
- Lázaro Cárdenas Steel Mill
- Electrolitic zinc plant for Industria Minera México
- Integrated steel works for Lázaro Cárdenas Steel Mill in Las Truchas
- Herrac Foundry Plant in Veracruz
- Metalver Foundry Plant in Veracruz
- Tubos de Acero de México Steel Mill Complex
- Ixtapantongo System, 150 km of transmission lines
- Tamaxcal-Veracruz Line, 150 km length